Old 09-26-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
roxy68

Moby - I agree with the folks when they say "run" and don't look back. You haven't known this guy that long and you cannot fix him. We tend to think we can. You have to think you deserve better than this. You deserve a happy and PEACEFUL life. If you continue in this fashion, there will be no peace. He tells you he knows he has a drinking issue and wants help but his actions say otherwise. This is manipulation. He will do anything to keep a caring, loving person in his life. Caretakers become codependent and it appears you are already showing signs of being obsessed with his behaviors instead of taking care of yourself. Only you can make the choice to stay or go just like he has to make the choice to drink or not. I am in the process of divorcing my AH of almost 12 years. I didn't see his true colors until after we were married. You can see his now. Really look and think of what a future with this guy will be like. Then think of what you want out of life. You are so young. You have a right to be happy!!!!