Old 09-25-2013, 09:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ZenMe

Hi, thanks for sharing. It's great that you have been able to identify him as a HFA so quickly into your relationship. This is a huge blessing. Unfortunately, "HFA" is only a stage of the progressive disease that is alcoholism. In other words it isn't going to get better but worse.

If 4 months ago before you two had become physically intimate if he had shown all these colors would you still be into him? Keep reading here on SR. The whole point of dating it to try people on for size to see if you are a good match. This is a red flag that indicates you are not a good match. A healthy relationship is not possible with an alcoholic. Save yourself the pain and end it.

The crazy part of all this, and for many of us here, is that we feel so IN LOVE with the alcoholic and it's so hard to leave, we finally leave when everything has gone to sh*t. Get out before it goes there.

This is what I told my xagf. "If you are ever sober for a year, give me a call". Keep reading on here and you will see how many of the heart felt stories have so much in common and so much to teach. Time is valuable on this earth, you can chose to meet someone else and spend your time with someone isn't addicted. Where compulsivity and addiction exist, TRUE intimacy, can not.