View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
DG0409

Hang in there. It will get better. Have you read about PAWS? Why We Don’t Get Better Immediately: Post-acute Withdrawal Syndrome (PAWS) | What...Me Sober? It takes a while for the brain to fully recover after we quit using.

As to the boredom, one thing that has helped me is making a list of things to get done each day. When I was smoking weed, that was practically all I did and it made nothing feel like the most exciting thing ever. But, there's lots of other things in life I was missing out on because of it, so now I look at this as an opportunity to do the things I always wanted to. Are there any activities you've wanted to pick up? Playing a musical instrument? Some sort of art or sport? Skydiving? Try to brainstorm some things you'd like to do with your life.

Exercise helps a lot with feeling irritable and other tough feelings that come with quitting stuff. Biking, jogging, walking or any other activity you enjoy can really make a difference. Plus, it helps with the boredom, too.

And way to go on all the stuff you've quit. Don't forget to remind yourself that you're doing a fantastic job!!