View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 11:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
OneNightAWeek

Thanks everyone. I will read the link you gave me. Its good to hear from a couple of you to confirm this is sort of normal behavior. The doctor told me it would be rough for a while, but its good to hear it from people who have gone through it. Any idea how long it will last?

Husband hasnt been taking his bad moods out on me so far, yes he has been short a few times, but I can tell he is trying not to let it affect us. When I come home after class, usually it is after he gets home now. He has dinner there for both of us and he waits for me. I cant say he has been cooking a lot, but he buys carry out from restaurants and is trying to get healthy meals, and we put together a salad to go with it or something. We did open a bank account to save for the baby, and he put about $3000 in it so far. It is in my name only, but he can make deposits. He insisted on that because he knows Im feeling insecure.

It would be hard if he gets through this and relapses and has to go through it again, and again. I can see that. But this is serious stuff here, and Im proud of him for trying. I know he has a goal of being past a lot of this before the baby comes. I dont know how it will work out. I know the pull of coke is strong and he has told me already one hit and he would feel so much better, his body is begging him for it. I dont know how I will deal with it if he gives up.