View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
OneNightAWeek

Bad moods - both of us

Its been a couple weeks since Ive been around mostly because work and school, have me exhausted. Why did I think I could do both while pregnant? I know people have it worse, but its hard adjusting so far. I am still going to sessions with the addiction doctor, but I had to cancel this week because of a a paper Im writing for class, needing to do research for it after work.

My husband, he is also seeing the addiction doctor and they have a plan for his care. He stopped using over a week ago, and has been unpleasant to be around for the most part. He is short tempered, cant sleep, not eating well, complaining all the time about any tiny thing; not necessarily complaining to me but I can hear him talking to himself; the F** toothpaste cap fell off, or he cant find some papers for work, anything. He also has this temper, again not directed at me but he has been smashing and breaking things. Nothing huge, but a broken glass, crumpled pop cans, smashed up a bag of tomotoes because one fell out of the bag. At work I guess he was pushing some of his team too hard, and one of them complained, so his boss asked him what was going on, assumes it is because he is going to be a new dad soon, and had him take the team out to lunch and then let everyone go home early.

I know the emotional aspects of coke use can be hard, and that is what he is experiencing. I hope it passes soon. I know this is probably a bad sign, but last Saturday he went to a football game with friends (not the drug friends) and he had a couple drinks. He wasnt drunk but came home in a better mood, told me and then acted like I was going to whip him for it. I said no, I understood but drinking wouldnt fix the coke problem. He knows this. Its hard to believe a few drinks could ease his mood, but it seemed to. Yes i fell for the sweet romantic passionate man that he turned into for the rest of the night. For the most part I reinforced his bad behavior with my physical responses, but I had missed him and to be honest, I felt like I needed a reprieve myself.

Does this sound along the lines of how it works when someone gets off coke at first?

Better news, all is ok with the baby coming. my blood pressure was off the other day and I was feeling sick. Husband bought a blood pressure monitor for home so I check it everyday.