Thread: hLast Chance
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 04:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FourTwentyOne

AH went to the screening and referral meeting last night. He was there 2 hours, and then they suggested he go and check out an NA meeting. And you know what? He went! He said it scared the hell out of him, to see so many people down and out, with not a lot left to live for, physically a mess.

"I don't want to end up there".

The NA meeting he went to was right downtown in a bad area of the city, so I imagine there was a lot of pretty good illustrations of what he is headed for. He didn't feel like he belonged there, but said he was really glad he went. The Referral service had told him they didn't think he belonged with that group, but they thought it would be good for him to go. They are looking for a T closer to home, and supposed to call him back today.

I suggested that he might try an NA meeting closer to home. I wonder if NA meetings in a smaller town might not be so bleak.. .. maybe he could feel like he belonged.

I honestly didn't think he was going to the appointment.

Now I have to step up to the plate; I believe there is hope. I will try to find another T for me, or a meeting. I need to know what my role will be in his recovery, if he chooses to go down the path that is wide open and waiting for him.

Um -- "I need to know what my role will be in his recovery"
No -- I need to work on my recovery.

Thanks for all the support through this everyone, I have learned so much here, and will keep working on getting me right.