Old 09-23-2013, 07:04 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
incitingsilence

There is a saying, whatever pisses you off the most is where you probably need to pay attention.

My husband is a heroin addict in recovery...

The melatonin, that isn’t a solution to sleep, only time is. This isn't some random sleepless night, this is wd. Nothing tends to help with the sleep expect things that can become a problem because they are addictive in nature. Even that is hit and miss.

If he can get moving it will trip some natural happy chemicals in the brain. A walk, a run even better…Some exercise goes a long way in wd. Fluids still, avoid sugar and Gatorade, water the best, oj in the morning for the C…cal mag zinc, awesome…from there real good whole foods, red meat/fish/chicken iron and protein, veggies and fruits for energy…6 smaller meals a day always better…

Resolve…I know so many who had resolve. Hell I can play back the words of a friend as he waited, with nothing left. The gf gone, the job gone, no home, he was sitting waiting on that call for a bed … which did come. He was so done, he lost it all every thing but was still so grateful for his life that day, anyway…He was still grateful the day before that last shot that did take his life.

Will power will have nothing to do with this. Surrender though goes a long way. Hell this is the easy part, the physical for as brutal as it can be or seem watching. The mental that will come… days, weeks, months after there will be this relentless whisper that ever so slightly gets louder and louder until the screaming in your head drives you mad.

He needs to get himself some support, daily…from those who have been there done that and understand exactly what he is going through.

Issues, with pain with depression and meds prescribed, this is madness and always will be because nothing is real for a long time. So much is a head trip, the brain looking for the one thing that will get you to use. It takes a long time, at least 6 months a year even better to know how your head is in a depression sort of way, how the pain is on a real pain scale. The time abusing really screws everything up. And of course he liked the pain meds better, they have ad properties, they mask everything the physical, the mental. Oxy is made from thebain, the speedy part of the opiate poppy, so it give that energy boost, Opiates are the true meaning of heaven and hell, to know which state you are in is a easy as to use or not to use.

As I advise everyone if you want him to have a chance at getting well, then the only thing you need to do is work on yourself, nothing more is needed.

And if you need a silver lining, that will be the day you realize that you know nothing at all unless it is yours.

I hope you stick around, there is a lot to learn.

Take good care of you.

And good luck to him.