View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 10:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
allforcnm

Originally Posted by lizwig View Post
On therapists. I went to one for about a year. Told her I just really needed help with setting boundaries with my son etc. I never felt like I got any solid information from her...but she was super nice and always wanted to talk about my jewelry. (I'm in a couple galleries and she always wanted to touch and ooh and ahhh). She reminded me of a raccoon when they see something shiny. Run away with it, wash it in the river, then stash it somewhere. Anyway...the kicker for me was after a particularly bad week I went for my appointment. As soon as she saw me she said "I'm so glad to see you. I've been wanting to talk to you all week...I've just discovered my son has been smoking pot and I wanted to know your thoughts on it". Yes. Seriously. And I still paid the stinking co-pay! I never returned but do run into her every now and again...She is still lovely...and still wants to talk about the jewelry I'm wearing. Funny. Yes?
That is funny Lizwig, but doesn't sound at all right for a professional to behave. The therapist I worked with at my husbands rehab, she was like my angel. She helped me so much. We seemed to form a sort of friendship, and we would chat when I went to visit, but it was not a therapy appointment. I love the raccoon analogy, and hmmm... I didn't know you were into gallery jewelry.... I say as I envision shiny things. LOL