Old 09-21-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Khloe926

Im happy that you took your sponsers advice, i think u did the right thing by sticking with the resolve that you shouldnt replace one thing with another. However, i wouldnt beat yourself up or feel guilt or shame about a little smoke, i really wouldnt consider that a relapse. Alcohol and weed are polls apart in terms of damage,especially if your an alcoholic. I mean i dont see it being theoretically polls apart from taking benzos and other prescription pills to cope with life after booze, if anything it is more natural and less mind altering if used just in short term. Im not for a minute saying that i dont believe medication isnt a wonderful if used in the correct circumstances and neither do i advocate pot smoking but i think the issue is a spiritual one and dosent deserve the kind of self comdenation your giving yourself. I still feel your entitled your sobriety date if you want it, but i wouldnt overthink it, like you say its today that counts, u seem to be doing well! Thanks for this post im having a similer problem myself, if im really wanting a drink i will have weed, i feel really unsure about it and feel guilty in the same way you do Xxx