View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
firebolt

I completely understand and I second what Healthyagain said - go have fun yourself! I know it sucks feeling like you aren't comfortable in your own home - believe me!

My A is really working on drinking like a normal person for the last couple moths, and mostly succeeding (we all know how long that will last) but suddenly, even though hes currently sober 90% of the time, I just don't want to be around him in case tonight is that 10% of the time.

So I haven't been. I've been hanging out with my friends - and my dogs outside the house - A LOT. He is noticing, and I think trying even harder now, but I honestly don't care at this point. I do me, you do you, buddy.

Now that i'm spending more time with friends, they ask me to do fun things more often. So I keep doing them. My stress level is way down, i'm busy, and feel like i'm in an actual healthy cycle - and actually having some lighthearted and carefree fun. I don't know whats going on with me, but even though hes mostly sober, I find myself wanting to spend less and less time at home - and less and less time with him. So be it. We'll see what happens!