View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 01:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
CarryOn

Breathe...first things first. Are you and your daughter safe? If you are not in any immediate physical/mental/emotional danger you do not have to make any drastic changes right away. Take care of the immediate needs of your daughter and yourself.

Divorce is not an absolute, but it is probably a possible outcome that you may want to leave on the table for a good long while.

Go to your counseling appointment on Monday and see how that goes. Begin educating yourself about alcoholism & its affects on the family. Read here at SR - the stickies at the top are especially informative. A good book many of us have read is Codependent No More by Melodie Beattie. Try Al-Anon (at least 6 meetings).

One of the slogans that has helped me get through some tough moments where I felt my anxiety on high and that I felt pushed to do something was "don't just do something, stand there". One of the moderators often reminds us - is this something you have to solve by 8pm tonight? Most things do not need resolution that quickly. Take your time.

You have support here - read & post as much as you like. Hug your baby - take care of her and yourself.