View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 12:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jaynie04

Hi and welcome. I am sorry you are in the situation you are in right now, it must feel like you have had the rug pulled out from under you. You are not the worst wife in the world by any means...not at all.

Do not for a moment blame yourself. I am an alcoholic myself who got sober last fall but started drinking again and hid it from my husband for almost 6 months before I fessed up and got sober for real this time. I took advantage of the fact that my husband is kind and trusting.

You are going to hear a lot about the 3 c's..you didn't cause it, you can't control it you can't cure it. The one thing you can do is protect yourself and set limits. Your husband is likely in damage control mode right now. What you do know? He is capable of looking you in the eye and not telling the truth. He is going to have to earn your trust. I would encourage you to look into a local al-anon meeting. Don't worry, most of us are your average joes, one in 10 people suffer from addiction and 25% of the population are affected by it, that is 1 in 4, you are not alone, I promise. welcome.