View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 11:52 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
nytepassion
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Originally Posted by halliegrants View Post
He told me he hasn't "used" in years (not counting scripts). I thought that was a good thing, right? Does that sound like I'm making excuses? I believe him, I just wanted some feedback about what recovery might look like since obviously these meds are still in his life & not always in his system in a consistent fashion. How do other folks go about taking meds (like Xanax) for anxiety & not accidently take too many? That's why he gives his meds to his dad to hold. But if his dad withholds them it throws off his balance.
Forgive me, but how does he accidentally take to many?

I am a recovering addict and I have never accidentally taken to much of my prescription meds. Back in the day before recovery if I was prescribed a medicine and I took to much it was intentional. Of course that was when I was active in my addiction. Taking to much is considered using *at least in my neck of the woods it is*

I know you'd like to believe that he isn't using, but from the sound of him taking to much and having to have his pills monitored it strikes me as he is using.

Passion