Thread: hLast Chance
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Maybe it would be good to make a financial plan that would have you making all the financial income and bill payments. Add up what expenses you have each month and see if your income will cover it. If it won't, then look at what expenses you can cut back on or eliminate. You may be amazed how little you can live on. If you are living beyond your means, then now would be the time to rethink where you live and what you need and adjust to what you can afford.

The reason I suggest this is because knowing you could be financially independent may give you some relief, knowing you can leave if and when you choose...or you can ask him to. Also, you will know that you can carry the load should he put action behind his words of getting help.

Years ago Mr. Ann and I hit some serious financial difficulties. We had to make a lot of changes in our lives, rent for a while and save every cent. Eventually we got completely out of debt and we own our place today and have no debt outside our normal living costs such as utilities and taxes. It feels good and if I can do it, anyone can do it.

The above doesn't solve your problems dealing with your husband and his addiction, but it will help you to know you have options and a plan in place for whatever lies ahead.

Good luck...to both of you.

Hugs