Thread: I hate Alcohol
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 10:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
LovesVWs

Originally Posted by JessicawithHope View Post
My husband has been in rehab now for 3 weeks. I am feeling hopeless today. Resentful and sad. He is extremely negative and counting down the days to come home. Which makes me feel like he is not surrendering to this process.

I hate alcohol.
My husband is on week 7 of rehab. He comes home in 10 days. He should have been home a week ago. But like everything else he was fighting rehab and not embracing the group and the therapy offered to him. 4.5 weeks into rehab I went and saw him and during that week he gave in and 'did rehab' the change was outstanding!

It may take some time because they are in such denial after detox it isn't even funny.

In the meantime make the most of your stay-cation from him. I have small (4 and 7) kids but let me tell you it was so refreshing to spend my summer with them not stressed out, to go pick a new dog without his input, to sit by a lake while my kids play and I read a book, to walk to the coffee shop on a brisk morning, to let the cat sleep with me, to have sleep overs in the yard with the kids, to let them cruise our crescent on bikes at midnight just because it was 'against the rules', to repaint the fence without an OCD husband hovering over me and to depend on a sober babysitter while I worked nights at a hospital (as opposed to worrying about leaving them with a drunk)...... it was blissful.