Thread: I hate Alcohol
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BlueSkies1

Originally Posted by JessicawithHope View Post
Maybe I need to not take him so seriously because he is so up and down with his emotions, but I can't help but get upset. It makes me sad and angry at the same time.

He thinks it is sooo hard being in there and I have no idea. I am sympathetic to his feelings, but it makes me very resentful because its been very hard for us over on this end.

I hate alcohol.
This for me, is the hardest thing to do. Not take their words so seriously. I have this built-in gullibility. I figure if somebody says something, most of the time they themselves at least believe it. Otherwise, what's the point in saying it? Why open one's mouth if they aren't going to say something credible? important?
This is where I don't get alcoholics at all. It's very difficult not to react to their emotion with the logical response.
The problem with that is then my emotions are like a puppet on a string.

I vote you enjoy your vacation from him. You too are counting down the days until he comes home.
How can you enjoy this vacation?
Are there things you love to do that he doesn't? Have you wanted to see the movie Flight but don't want to have him know? Do you have a good friend that he doesn't like you can visit, or simply want to go out with friends without the worries of bringing him along? Do you love sushi and he hates it? Is there music you love to play loud he doesn't like? Do you want to let the cats sleep in the bed and he never lets them?
The possibilities are endless.