Old 09-10-2013, 07:13 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
james872

Originally Posted by Tang View Post
That Wikipedia article says PAWS could last decades. Well crap. I wonder what the correlation between the amount/duration one drank to the duration of PAWS is.

You know the more downsides that come pout about drinking, I think if I'd known all these things before my first drink I would have thought twice about taking it.

Side effects may include: decades of anxiety and depression (well and death of course)

I so wish I'd never started that affair with alcohol when I was young.
I agree. Had I know how devastating it can be, I wouldn't have done it.

About PAWS lasting decades... I think those are very rare cases. First there's the question if you get them in the first place. And then, them lasting for decades is the extreme. So the chances of that happening are very small. I drank heavily for years and am not concerned.

It's like withdrawal. It can kill, but that's very rare compared to the average withdrawal symptoms. Some people hardly get any.

I think that over-focusing on all the things that could happen creates unnecessary anxiety. And beware of the placebo effect. If you think that you might get certain symptoms, you might create them. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Instead, be careful, aware and smart, but also have the attitude of "I'll see what happens. It'll probably be alright" . At least that's what works for me.