View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 07:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tjol81

How to deal with tomorrow

This is my first post and I'm not thinking entirely clearly so I'm sorry if it's wrong. I am desperate for advice please. The man who I have considered my close friend has just told me a pack of lies and got right back into his drinking and cocaine tonight. I'm turning into a classic Co dependent. We're both 32 and male and have/had a very close friendship bond. We were friends when we were younger and have only recently met up again. knew when I spoke to him earlier this evening that something wasn't right. He gets abusive thinking he's being funny. We all recognise the signs of our respective "partners" relapsing etc. I know he absolutely hates being how he is and so do I, but I'm beginning to despise who he becomes too

I'd being if I said I wasn't extremely hurt or upset by tonight but what worries me more is tomorrow. I haven't let him know that I'm aware of his current relapsing, but I know tomorrow, the consequences of his actions are going to set off a horrific chain of events that I don't know if I can watch again. his binges usually last 5 or 6 days and end with some pretty serious and deep self harming. I don't think I can cope with another one!

Please someone try to guide me about what I should do when he calls. I've been trying to be his friend for 9 months now, and it's it's really taking its toll on me physically, emotionally and mentally. I am going to go to an AlAnon meeting as soon as possible to get this sorted, but until then, I know I'm going to have to face him and I really do not know what to say or do. Please help if you can. I'm so lost. Thank you