View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 11:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
petmagnet

Originally Posted by funkynassau View Post
Dr Phil says kids would rather be from a broken home than live in one. He also says kids notice more than adults think they do, even if they are quite young. I dont think you will ruin your kids lives should you decide to leave your husband. They might appreciate the calm not living with dad can provide.
I'm guessing Dr. Phil is not perfect and his own kids wonder about his methods as abrasive as he can be sometimes...but for the record about his statement about kids rather being from a broken home than live in one...depends on how broken it is. As my kids have gotten older I have had discussions about this very topic. They both tell me that they do not feel threatened in any way living here, and are comfortable with most things but feel frustrated at times. So, maybe I need ask Dr. Phil if I should rip my kids out of their comfort zone? Seems pretty obvious that this is a situation by situation thing. What or who determines a home is broken anyway? I happen know some very broken kids from divorced homes, it helped nothing the egg was still cracked. Staying or leaving someone outside of abuse in it's many forms is a very complicated thing.