View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I have a number of daily readings I like to go through each morning and this one really tickled my reality bones today.

Too often I lose today wandering back to a past I cannot change. Oh good memories are one thing and quite lovely, but when I go back to the darker days I bring the darkness into today.

And I can lose today guessing about tomorrow. If I take good care of myself today, I will be absolutely fine tomorrow and anything more than that is not mine to control.

So...today I will live fully in the present. I have some work around the house to do and laundry...then I will take a nice walk in nature to remind myself that the world is a beautiful place and all I have to do to enjoy it is to notice. I will go see who is left of the swans and geese and ducks in my little bay next to my place and I shall thank them for all the joy they have brought me since spring. I will go to an orchard and buy some fresh apples that are now abundant here and in season and I will be grateful to live in such a lovely place.

I will embrace every moment of today and say "thank you" to all those who have made my world a beautiful place.

Hugs