Fully In "Today"

Old 09-06-2013, 05:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Fully In "Today"

Friday, September 6, 2013

Be there fully

Wherever you are, be there fully. Give your care, attention and love to life as you live it.

You are where you are, doing what you’re doing. Instead of wishing for it to be otherwise, go ahead and make it great.

Embrace the moment, and use it to explore and express your own unique beauty. Embrace the moment, and you open yourself to its best possibilities.

Rather than making judgments about where you are, make progress with what you have. Sincerely seek opportunities to create new value, and you’ll find plenty of good and worthy things to do.

Remind yourself how truly fortunate you are to be experiencing life right here and right now. Know that the more you appreciate it the better it will be.

You are in this time and in this place, filled with great possibilities. So give yourself fully to living it with richness and purpose.

— Ralph Marston
Old 09-06-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I have a number of daily readings I like to go through each morning and this one really tickled my reality bones today.

Too often I lose today wandering back to a past I cannot change. Oh good memories are one thing and quite lovely, but when I go back to the darker days I bring the darkness into today.

And I can lose today guessing about tomorrow. If I take good care of myself today, I will be absolutely fine tomorrow and anything more than that is not mine to control.

So...today I will live fully in the present. I have some work around the house to do and laundry...then I will take a nice walk in nature to remind myself that the world is a beautiful place and all I have to do to enjoy it is to notice. I will go see who is left of the swans and geese and ducks in my little bay next to my place and I shall thank them for all the joy they have brought me since spring. I will go to an orchard and buy some fresh apples that are now abundant here and in season and I will be grateful to live in such a lovely place.

I will embrace every moment of today and say "thank you" to all those who have made my world a beautiful place.

Hugs
Old 09-06-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Rather than making judgments about where you are, make progress with what you have

This is big