View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 03:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
soberhawk

I do in know addictions from own experience and family members and I probably have a rather hard view on this in many ways – but dealing with such problems with my kids – I would be worried constantly, that would require tremendous strength.

My youngest son has a childhood friend that has been using hashish for several years now, he is going into his senior year at high school now. They have known each other since they were 3 and best friends through most of their childhood.

He was here at my sons 18 birthday and slept over and we were discussing his use at breakfast, I can not remember how it came up. High school grades can not be changed here, you have one shot at this and the grades are very important for your future education. I tried to explain to him that going to school and smoking hashish every day is like running a marathon carrying 50 pounds it is impossible to do well. It has nothing to do with will power, it just makes everything more difficult.

I get in reality rather angry (I am not showing that though) when he explains he has it under control. I think he believes it or does not want face the fact he does not.

It is sad, his parents are slain by this.

This kid was and is well liked, school was easy for him – he was a great soccer player.

It makes me sad and angry that he is doing this to him self.

I do not know what you can do.

Some people make a u-turn and stop – you can hope that he soon does.

I think there is always hope – but devastating to make your own life so difficult.

I do feel with you pravchaw and I do pray to that your son soon realizes what he is doing.