Thread: Contaminated AA
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 12:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
GracieLou

I was the chipmunk and the secretary last night and I guess this is my new job. Love how they just pass that on to ya..lol

Anyway, I signed a lot of papers last night. Not all are court ordered. Some where outpatient from a treatment center. Now maybe they got in treatment due to court order, not sure, but it does not really matter.

I would say half are people I see there regularly. They are making an effort. They share at meetings and they make comments after the lead. Some have more sobriety than me. I don't think it really matters how you get there, it is that you are there. What you do with it after you get there is up to the individual.

Change your shirt if you want. Some people come straight from work with work related clothing. However, I don't see people rushing up and noticing this about them and the only thing it does for me is give me your name if it happens to be on your shirt.

I highly doubt some court ordered person is going to notice and think "Hey that guy/gal works at ABC company. I can't wait to get over there and blab to their boss/coworkers. If they are really alcoholics that are court ordered and not in any way wanting the program then they are heading to the bar or liquor store after the meeting, not to your job.