View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 11:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
360shoes

Hi HakunaMatata,

That's a tough one. Just my opinion but I get it. I've known people who drank more than they should and for reasons they shouldn't and moved on from it. I don't necessarily fit into a category either but I suspect not many of us do. We are all different.

I understand the not relating to all the depths alcohol can cause too. I certainly had my share of problems but they certainly weren't the worst. Most people in my life thought I was okay for the most part. The only one who had the biggest problem with it was actually just me. However, I think enough of myself to actually care what I think so that was my biggest motivation.

I'd be hard pressed to give any advice since if I was wrong I would feel pretty bad about it. So I'm staying away from telling anyone what or what not to do on this one. For the most part, I'm better off just talking about me.

I quit drinking because I just didn't like me very much when I did drink. I was just get goofy drunk but regardless..still drunk. I always thought better of myself but if I drank too much. Yuk. Hated how I felt the next day about myself. I always thought I deserved better. I quit drinking because I have important things to work on and when I drink I'm not my best. And I certainly quit drinking because most of the time...not all..but most. I drank more than I planned on. I hate hangovers. Huge waste of time and there's a reason a hangover makes you sick. It's life's way of saying don't do that again. I didn't particularly care for how I could ignore that one when it suited me.

Anyway, I quit because it just wasn't working. It's just a stupid liquid that alters how you feel past a certain amount for anyone drinking it. Anyone who keeps doing that for a long period. It will probably cause some problems. It's been my experience if I want to change how I feel I'm better off learning to kick it old school and just do it all on my own.

I don't know. Sounds like a good idea to give it up anyway since you have something pretty big to work on. I would want to get back on track as fast as possible after an abusive relationship so for me, I'd give it up so I could give that my full attention at the very least.

Glad you posted and joined in. We are all just trying to find our way!