View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 05:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
thislonelygirl
box of chocolates

Psht!!! There were a few times earlier on I second guessed the situation.
It didnt change anything my hubs is still an addict and his friends are still drunk dumba$$e$
But it did prolong my responsibility over my health and what was really going on and thats no good.
Soooooo....if its a problem to you its a problem.
You wouldn't be here if it werent that bad. Normal people dont seek help here.
Just the other day ah was telling some drunk idiots hes an alcoholic. They laughed and said so are we.
His friends dont get it ....they are huge enablers.
Honestly he might want to consider putting his foot down with his friends and if that doesnt work saying goodbye. In the long run friends are not worth your life. Maybe hell make that realizatoon btw
Dont let ANYONE tell you otherwise. Do not be manipulated by his addiction or those who refuse to see it or dont care too and enable.
Your making progress for yourself by refusing to enable and pretend its not a problem.
You make progress for your mental and physical well being by saying no more
And hopefully he really does stick with it and gets sober.
Itll be hard for both of you but remember just because he says something doesnt make it so....
Hell have to walk the talk. Think of it as demonic possession. You never know who your talking too and his friends a bunch of devil worshippers lol.
Harsh way to look at it but addiction is ugly and enabling friends can be just as
But you cant control who he sees or what he does but you can see the truth and not make excuses and that hes responsible for him and your responsible for you.
If he believes his friends are good and drinking is ok....you dont have too and you dont want too.
Keeps you sick
Good luck