Old 09-03-2013, 06:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LosingMyMind

Can anyone give some advice on what this may mean?

My partner is going through a lot of things right now, mainly depression and alcoholism that just keep feeding each other.

I tried to talk him out of the pub tonight over the phone as we had previously agreed on but he was unable to leave and got very agitated and angry with me no matter what I said.

This is not a one off, it is getting worse and worse over time and he is now at a point where he is sleeping at his place of work which means he is skipping his medication and working the next day hungover and having not showered or eaten a decent meal, not to mention next to no sleep.

He keeps telling me that we are over and that it is whats best for me but I refuse to give up, I just cant, I love him too much.

Following these outbursts he tends to come crawling back and apologises, and seems to have every honest intent to take steps to recover and accept my help, what ever little I can offer besides love.

I received a text tonight of him saying again that it is over and I feared that this time would actually be the end. He also said not to contact him at all which I have stuck to for fear of making things worse.

After hours of anxiety and fear, (and of course finally joining this community and putting it all out there for some support,) I get a message from him telling me that he was still at the pub and wouldn't be leaving for a little while. I did not reply to this text, I really had no clue how to take it... Is he trying to get a reaction and start another fight or does he in fact care that I am at home alone and am worried about his safety and well being.

So many things were running through my head and I didn't feel like I could cope or that there was any right response in this situation.

Following my non response I received another message from him that simply said "I am just about to leave, I swear".

I am still not sure whether these attempts to contact me and let me know his whereabouts is a good thing or an attempt to get me to bite back at him.

Can anyone offer any insight as to how I should feel right now as I cant bring myself to go to sleep yet.

I am sorry for the long story but I am fast realising that anything concerning addiction is very rarely a short story.

Any advice or support is muchly appreciated.