View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 11:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
numbmum

I appreciate your replies, thank you very much. I have a good friend, a single hard working mum like myself whose son just cut her off from one day to the next after he moved out and in with his girlfriend. He's on drugs. She said to me that at least having no contact enables her to get on with her own life without worrying about him and that he made a choice not to be a part of her family.

I make a decision to cut him off and then after a couple of weeks he sends me a text that weakens my resolve and he reels me back in, then gets money off me and spits me back out again. It's because he's my only son that I've clung on. But I'm just about done now. Your post hits home BoxinRotz. I was thinking of doing some voluntary work here in my community, befriending a child from the orphanage and taking him or her out for the day a couple of times a month but I want to do it for the child and not for personal reasons, so I've held back on doing that until I'm ready. I think I'm almost ready now.

I'm glad I posted here. I feel better for having written it all down.

Devastated1 - I switched my phone off last night and slept like a log!