Old 09-02-2013, 05:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
LovesVWs

May I play the devils advocate here?

My AH soon to be RAH is in rehab right now. We are an upper middle class educated couple with highly professional jobs with an insane amount of responsibility. My husband about one week into rehab wanted to come home because the people there were 'not his demographic'. He felt that would impede his progress. I felt he was being a typical whiny drunk looking for a way out of that place.

My thought on this was: I don't care if they are 22 years old and have a needle hanging out of their arms, you are an addict just like them. I don't care if they are there because of court orders, or mommy and daddy are paying for it, you are an addict the same as them. You are staying there, and if you require further treatment we will look at having a couple bonus weeks at a facility of his choosing.

Guess what? He has been there 6 weeks, and is coming home in 10 days or so. He stopped complaining about the people about 3 to 4 weeks in when he stopped being a typical drunk and started owning his s$#t.

Maybe your dad is winning the big drunk baby award. They give those out you know.