View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 08:11 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by Snood View Post
Well, thank you once again, people.

Hammer: It's interesting that you mention BPD. This was the very diagnosis I ultimately received and the treatment (Schema Mode Therapy) made a huge difference. The cost? First marriage, several jobs, independence freedom - all for 26 years or so.
Sure. Caught my eye on first pass. Very few acknowledge BPD, let alone do the work to recover. Actually I am quite impressed with you in that regard.

So what is up with attracting and fostering another personality disorder in the form of "her?" I would think of all people you would know what you were dealing with, if not in advance, at least early on and in "real time."

Mrs. Hammer seems to come close what is often called "BPD Traits." Alcohol, Addict, Cutter, Eating Disorder. So I have acquired my knowledge on the fly. Most of us "NONs" (term for partners of BPD) have No Idea what we are dealing with at the start and often bail out when we do.

But You? She is clearly at least one form of PD, no? What drew you to this and why do stick around for more of it?