Old 09-01-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
FMTT

Welcome to recovery again 550. You had a pretty stiff daily dosage going on. In my experience, the first few days of being clean actually wasn't that bad. From day 3 or 4 the hurt really kicked in. The usual symptoms. Then after a few weeks when the physical stuff eased up a bit the mental anguish kicked in overdrive. I had to keep reminding myself that the opiates, which started out as a blessing in my life (or so it seemed), were going to eventually kill me. Even after a year the ghosts remain to occasionally surface. I've quit some junk in my day but these opiates are no joke.

I sure hope you're ready for all that lies ahead because (pardon me for being direct) you have what I would call a "high bottom". That means that you've seen the light so to speak with a bad habit before things got really bad. You've got tons of money, a nice family and a steady connection. Besides the fact that long term heavy opiate usage is a zombie-maker, you had it made. Take care and be ready for all that lies ahead if you truly want to be free from dope dependancy. Not easy but way worth it.