Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Substance Abuse
Reload this Page >

1st day without 150mg Roxicodone, 100 mg Hydrocodone and 150mg MS Contin

Notices

1st day without 150mg Roxicodone, 100 mg Hydrocodone and 150mg MS Contin

Old 09-01-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool 1st day without 150mg Roxicodone, 100 mg Hydrocodone and 150mg MS Contin

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time logging into the website. Honestly, I haven't read any of the other articles "yet" but I felt the need to get some of this off my chest since I know some of you can probably relate.

In 2010 I tried my first Norco 10/325 and thought it was amazing. I was having a great time talking to people and the amount of energy I received from it was overwhelming.. I guess I felt like I could talk to anymore. It was amazing to say the least.

By June, 2012 I was "only" taking 4/day spread out during the day. I felt like it was "controllable" but I knew I needed to quit. I quit, went through 3-4 days of hell and didn't think I would touch it ever again.

Towards the end of August, 2012 I relapsed and took 1 or 2 here and there but it progressed to every single day. By December, 2012 I was up to 6-7 Norcos a a day. One weekend when I ran out of Norco I spoke to my connection that I get those from and he only had 15 mg Oxycodone's and I can basically say those were my new loves of life. I was able to take 3-6 of them throughout the day and completely cutout the Norco.

Fast forward to July, 2013.....

I have gotten to a point where I was taking (6) 30 mg Roxicodone and 9-10 norco per day. I would include MS Contin and whatever else I could get my hands on. The cost of it wasn't important because this whole time I've been in a position of earning 18-25k/mo. I lived in the Bay Area where the cost of pills are considered the cheapest of anywhere. I was able to afford it without any issues....

I was always afraid of dying in my sleep. I have 3 beautiful daughters that are aged 6, 2 and my youngest that is 6 months old. My 6 year old daughter was abandoned by her Biological Mother 3 years ago because she was addicted to Heroin and Meth. One of my biggest concerns was her finding out, let alone her Mother finding out.

-Quitting-
Yesterday, August 30, 2013. I took my last pill at 11:45 PM and fell asleep around 3 am. I woke up around 11am and immediately took a Xanax (I've had these for like 2 years and haven't ever used them). I figured if I could fall back asleep that I could get through some of the worst withdraws. Around 7PM tonight I took 2mg of Suboxone and fell back asleep until 11pm.

I feel "normal" right now. I never got the "Runs", I don't have the restless legs or any of the other real side effects right now. I feel like I'm able to think a bit clearer now. Luckily my Wife has been understanding and let me take care of myself for the past 24 hours.

I don't know what else to say but I would like to stay on these forums and chat with anyone else going through this. I would say right before I went to bed last night that my Anxiety was on a 10/10 on the scale knowing I was going to quit and that I gave my last 4 norco to my Wife and told her to hide them. I wasn't powerful enough to flush them down the toilet but I knew my Wife could keep them away from me. If you're thinking about taking that leap to stop all the meds then please do it! I only have 24 mg of suboxone total and I'm going to try cutting it out quickly. I really don't want to hear about how bad the WD will be from those.

Thank you for reading
Old 09-01-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to recovery again 550. You had a pretty stiff daily dosage going on. In my experience, the first few days of being clean actually wasn't that bad. From day 3 or 4 the hurt really kicked in. The usual symptoms. Then after a few weeks when the physical stuff eased up a bit the mental anguish kicked in overdrive. I had to keep reminding myself that the opiates, which started out as a blessing in my life (or so it seemed), were going to eventually kill me. Even after a year the ghosts remain to occasionally surface. I've quit some junk in my day but these opiates are no joke.

I sure hope you're ready for all that lies ahead because (pardon me for being direct) you have what I would call a "high bottom". That means that you've seen the light so to speak with a bad habit before things got really bad. You've got tons of money, a nice family and a steady connection. Besides the fact that long term heavy opiate usage is a zombie-maker, you had it made. Take care and be ready for all that lies ahead if you truly want to be free from dope dependancy. Not easy but way worth it.
Old 09-01-2013, 03:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

3-4 are the worst. Get exercise-it helps. ...and make some kind of plan for distraction.

Not worse than a bad flu though, really.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can do this! Think about your family and how important this is for them. They don't want you to die from taking too much opiates. You also have to want to do this for yourself too. You seem to have a good life and I promise your good life will come back to you after you quit. To give you some positive feedback. I was on and off opiates for about two years. Started with hydros and then escalated to oxycodone. Three weeks ago I went on an oxy binge taking doses off 120mg a day - not as high as you but still high. Let me tell you that in a week I already feel way way better! I realized how life is actually good without the pills. Life is about family and relationships, doing positive things will make you happy. Thinking positive is so important the first week. If you don't think positively you will relapse. You might also keep seeking reinforcement from your love ones , that's perfectly normal. Good luck and keep at it.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awesome job deciding to quit! I did a quick taper using subs also. You should feel pretty normal while on them if you can get past the mental craving of wanting to be high. Your plan will work if you are done wanting to use.

I can totally relate to your situation. Welcome and keep posting and reading! You can do it!
Old 09-01-2013, 09:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

FancyFee- How did you do your quick taper? I've used about half of a sub strip in the past 16 hours and don't feel like I need anymore right now. I still have 2 more..

It really seemed like my tolerance went through the roof the past 60 days. I was fine with just taking a few roxi's or hydro to get through the day, I didn't even need them to feel the "rush". I don't understand how overnight I all of a sudden needed to take a bunch more. I was even snorting my Roxi's at the end.

It may sound odd but my Dealer is the one who pointed this out a week ago. I was spending roughly 500-700/week on pills. He told me he was worried about me and all that. I figured if I heard it from him then it was true.

I live in Orange County and he lives in the Bay Area. It's more of a hassle to relapse... It would take me at least 24 hours for them to be mailed to me. I honestly don't think he would give me any even if I wanted them since I told him I decided to quit. Luckily he's my friend too.....
Old 09-01-2013, 10:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I used sub for a month under a doctor's supervision. I was on 2mg strips and cut them in half skipping days and weaning down to .25 before going off. I had tapered down to just 60mg of Norco from Oxy though. It was pretty rough and I should have jumped sooner like you did. I couldn't get lower than 60-75mgs without relapsing or using more. I was just using enough to make myself not sick.

Subs can last 36 hours in your system so that's why you are feeling okay. You might want to seek out an addiction doctor or therapist to help your sobriety. Just a thought.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Fancy- Sorry to keep asking questions. I have no doubt that the only reason I can move right now is because of the Subs. I do feel amazing today.... I haven't even used half of one of the 8mg strips since 5pm last night. I keep cutting it in small pieces and have a sliver every 6 hours or so.

Was it difficult to talk to your physician about it? I feel pretty embarrased to even bring it up. I bought the Subs ------- (Not sure if we're allowed to talk about that here so please delete or asterisk it out). Do you think I should ask my Doctor if she can prescribe Bupe off label if she isn't licensed to specifically prescribe Subs for opiate addiction?

You've been the only person that's responded thus far that I feel has been down the same road. Is it ok to PM you over the next few days if I can think of any questions?

Last edited by Dee74; 09-02-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sure that's fine. There's a suboxone/methadone forum here also. There's quite a few posters who have taken subs for opiate addictions.

I'm not sure if your physician would be able to prescribe off label. Most doctors that I know of that prescribe are psychiatrists and are only allowed to have a certain number of patients receiving treatment at a time. It is a pretty closely watched system so I have my doubts that a family MD would have clearance to prescribe.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

550 awesome job quiting! My only concern is that you wil need more sub if you are trying to avoid suffering WD. I think fancy's right about needing a psych doc who is certified to prescribe sub. Not all psych doc.have it and doubt your PCP would either. On the sub website there is a list of prescribing doc.

Good luck to you!
Old 09-01-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This may be a really stupid question BUT why do the suboxone packages say 8mg/2. What is the "2"? Is the whole strip 8 mg or is it 16mg? I'm so confused.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:48 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The 2 stands for Naloxone. It is only 8mg of Bupe and 2mg of Naloxone. The Naloxone blocks you from getting high off other opiates and the bupe acts as a partial opioid antagonist to fill your opioid receptors.

So it is only 1 8mg strip.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks Fancy---

I'm not really sure why I feel like I would kill in order to get a little blue pill right now. I go through these very intense feelings. I know I ultimately don't want one but the thought of it alone makes my mouth moist.

I don't know if its the same as quitting cigarettes where you just get used to the hand movement of throwing a few pills in your mouth or what it is. When I get that feeling right now I just take Tylenol, Wellbutrin and Motrin 800.

Blah this sucks.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:58 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Any other suggestions!? I'm going crazy.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

NA, detox facility, both my route
Old 09-01-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You probably need more support than a short term taper. I would suggest calling a doctor on Tuesday. Since tomorrow is a holiday. Are you physically still sick, or just mentally craving?

Meditate, walk, take a hot bath, read some information on here about recovery programs and support. You were taking a pretty high dose of pills. We are all addicts here and know what you are going through.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am going to need to talk to a doctor tomorrow.

I've been splitting up one strip of the suboxone and taking it once or twice a day... just small amounts. I used up the remainder of one of the strips. I took my first piece Saturday night.

My Wife doesn't believe in the suboxone and says that I'm through the worst of the WD from Oxy but she doesn't have a clue what she is talking about. I know the Suboxone is masking the WD from Oxy and will create it's own beast down the line...

It's 3PM here right now. I took Suboxone at 10 PM last night (small amount) and tried to hold off as long as I could today. I had to go to the liquor store to buy cigarettes around 2PM today and I couldn't believe that the thought of SUICIDE even ran through my mind. I was in such a deep depression that when I returned I just sat in my car and contemplated driving it through my house (My brand new BMW which makes me even crazier).

I just took 2MG (guessing) of Suboxone and feel a lot better. Is this normal? What the hell is going on with me? Should I pump up the amount of Wellbutrin I'm taking? God this is so f**** up.

I'm tearing up while I type this. I can't believe I even had those thoughts when I know I have 3 little beautiful girls that depend on me.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:10 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I was laying on the couch all day today and my Wife asked if I had taken any Suboxone and I told her I hadn't yet.. Her reply was "Awesome, you're doing great!!". I literally debated jumping off a cliff 10 seconds before that and that was her response.

I don't even know if I should talk to her about this. I know she doesn't want me on the Suboxone but I know she doesn't have a freaking clue in the world as to what's going on.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:44 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

550 I'm sorry you're going through such a rough time
Old 09-02-2013, 03:46 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

550, I'm assuming that the depression you're experiencing is quite common. I'm not sure if it is a side effect of the sub or just the fact that your brain is no longer getting the spikes of dopamine it was used to getting when you were using faster acting oppiates. I do know that many on here complain of depression even with subs. I had more anxiety after my switch to subs.

I really think you should seek medical advice, before messing with your welbrutin. That's the big problem with us pill addicts. We love to self medicate. Just try to understand that your depression is not because of external factors but simply a chemical imbalance that takes time off the pain pills to normalize. You know what I mean? If you can try not to take your crazy mixed up emotions seriously or act upon them. You are definitely not alone. Please call your Dr. tomorrow. This is temporary, it gets better, ok, don't worry.