Old 09-01-2013, 02:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
550iGT

Cool 1st day without 150mg Roxicodone, 100 mg Hydrocodone and 150mg MS Contin

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time logging into the website. Honestly, I haven't read any of the other articles "yet" but I felt the need to get some of this off my chest since I know some of you can probably relate.

In 2010 I tried my first Norco 10/325 and thought it was amazing. I was having a great time talking to people and the amount of energy I received from it was overwhelming.. I guess I felt like I could talk to anymore. It was amazing to say the least.

By June, 2012 I was "only" taking 4/day spread out during the day. I felt like it was "controllable" but I knew I needed to quit. I quit, went through 3-4 days of hell and didn't think I would touch it ever again.

Towards the end of August, 2012 I relapsed and took 1 or 2 here and there but it progressed to every single day. By December, 2012 I was up to 6-7 Norcos a a day. One weekend when I ran out of Norco I spoke to my connection that I get those from and he only had 15 mg Oxycodone's and I can basically say those were my new loves of life. I was able to take 3-6 of them throughout the day and completely cutout the Norco.

Fast forward to July, 2013.....

I have gotten to a point where I was taking (6) 30 mg Roxicodone and 9-10 norco per day. I would include MS Contin and whatever else I could get my hands on. The cost of it wasn't important because this whole time I've been in a position of earning 18-25k/mo. I lived in the Bay Area where the cost of pills are considered the cheapest of anywhere. I was able to afford it without any issues....

I was always afraid of dying in my sleep. I have 3 beautiful daughters that are aged 6, 2 and my youngest that is 6 months old. My 6 year old daughter was abandoned by her Biological Mother 3 years ago because she was addicted to Heroin and Meth. One of my biggest concerns was her finding out, let alone her Mother finding out.

-Quitting-
Yesterday, August 30, 2013. I took my last pill at 11:45 PM and fell asleep around 3 am. I woke up around 11am and immediately took a Xanax (I've had these for like 2 years and haven't ever used them). I figured if I could fall back asleep that I could get through some of the worst withdraws. Around 7PM tonight I took 2mg of Suboxone and fell back asleep until 11pm.

I feel "normal" right now. I never got the "Runs", I don't have the restless legs or any of the other real side effects right now. I feel like I'm able to think a bit clearer now. Luckily my Wife has been understanding and let me take care of myself for the past 24 hours.

I don't know what else to say but I would like to stay on these forums and chat with anyone else going through this. I would say right before I went to bed last night that my Anxiety was on a 10/10 on the scale knowing I was going to quit and that I gave my last 4 norco to my Wife and told her to hide them. I wasn't powerful enough to flush them down the toilet but I knew my Wife could keep them away from me. If you're thinking about taking that leap to stop all the meds then please do it! I only have 24 mg of suboxone total and I'm going to try cutting it out quickly. I really don't want to hear about how bad the WD will be from those.

Thank you for reading