Thread: Am I in danger?
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SpartanGreen

Am I in danger?

I've been drinking 8-12 beers on weeknights and up to a case per day on weekends. This behavior has been going on for about 8 months although I had been a "normal" drinker for years before that.

I want to stop, I need to stop, and a this three day weekend seems like a fantastic time to do so.

Everything I read, the first thing mentioned is to seek medical attention. I don't have any health insurance so I really cannot seek medical attention unless something very serious happens and I need to go to the hospital. This is where my concerns come in.

Are there any things I can do to try and prevent any health repercussions from doing this at home? Are there any signs I should be looking for that would say it is time to get to the hospital? I'd like to believe that because this hasn't been going on for years and because I'm a beer drinker and not a hard liquor drinker, that I might get off the hook easier than other alcoholics, but I know this may or may not be true.

I've also read in other places that I should taper off. This doesn't seem like a good or realistic idea.

I will appreciate any tips or advice I can get, thank you. I have to admit, I am a little scared about all of this.