View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 09:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
stickbyU

Originally Posted by bluebelle View Post
Do you have to move with him right now? You could let him settle in a bit. You could go ahead and talk to the new school to see about their requirements. Just remember that moving to a new place does not change things. You can move away, but you still have to deal with yourself. That's what a good friend told me last time I moved, and it was so true.

You call the new town a "beautiful recovery town," which makes me think you are looking through rose-colored glasses. Every town has sober people, people on drugs, good people, bad people, etc.
Yes you are so right and I would continue to work my program by going to meetings, find a therapist, go to school, run and of course make new friends. And no he will be coming back to his hometown for a week or so to get things in order here...and he would most likely move up there before me until I get all my things in order.

I guess I did make the town seem that way. So it's known in Arizona for being the #1 recovery town which goes hand in hand having drug relapsers, aside from that the town itself is beautiful, much cooler weather than the rest of Arizona and not much desert like the rest of Arizona where we live now. I guess what I'm trying to decide is that staying in a town where all you've known is recovery for three months and feel its best to continue in a positive environment versus coming back to your hometown where nearly everything is a trigger for them? Whatever be the case I will continue to take care of myself but I also want to support my recovering fiancé as much as possible.