Thread: I don't know me
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 07:38 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Nuudawn

Originally Posted by noexcuse View Post
It's like I am re-learning how to be a human.
That's exactly how I feel..or perhaps..learning how to be a grown up : ) I like the term Brae used "recovery overload". That's exactly how I felt last week in a couple of moments on a couple of days that I really just wanted to throw in the towel and go back to life under the drunken rock. Everything started to overwhelm me...mostly my own emotions. I felt like I was bumping into everybody's "stuff" and they in turn were bumping into mine. (for Seinfeld fans..."Serenity Now!!") Somehow I think that pointed to the boundaries I am still in the process of erecting. Sometimes I just need to back off into my self and do what needs to be done for me. To do so, I need to take the time to center and listen to myself...figure out what's really eating me and do what I can to resolve what I can. Yes, life is no picnic and the sooner we accept that..the easier it is. For some reason, I really figured I should just be having a good time all the time and if I wasn't..there was something wrong. Well, that' thinking got me into this immature mess : )

If I did the business of growing up 25 years ago rather than escaping to the drink...well....hindsight is 20/20 : )

Really glad you posted about all this.