Old 08-28-2013, 11:15 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Vicki31

Hi,

I have just started AA (2 meetings) and I am still very unsure about it too. I also have just got a copy of Rational Recovery (from the internet) I'm only half way through but it makes a lot of sense to me.

Even though in RR it says you don't need to go to AA at this early stage in my sober life (18 days today) I didn't want to dismiss anything to early.

I am thinking of trying a couple of different meetings in my area before I make a decision one way or the other.

They asked me to read something out the second time I went and I'm not very comfortable with speaking in front of people, especially people I don't know, I did it but I am going to say to the chairman (I think thats his role, not sure what to call him) that I am not ready at present to speak to the room at large.

I think I would advise to not dismiss anything to soon, but also to consider all options there is something for everyone. SR is totally wonderful, its always there anytime day or night and there is just so much information and support to be found from all different viewpoints.

Hope this helps

Best of luck