View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 11:19 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
sugar52

dear patsy
thank u so much for ur thoughtful reply! this week i've been kind of lost in my recoveryi've been returning to some old attitudes, perhaps because the holidays are iminent, and there are 4 people using pot in my house, and u know what, i just haven't been able to hear god's answers or suggestions! i have lost my faith abit and i need to get through that block, if i'm going to function as the mom on thanksgiving. i too needed to change and the need to do so became so pressing before i let go of alot of things that i don't own. old habits die hard and my connection to all of u in the forum has been a constant reminder and nudging of my hp.all of my behaviors and attitudes need to be challenged. i have stuck to alanon and naranon and general recovery and ptsd, and recently i've given thought to perhaps exploring the posts of addicts and alcoholics, not for my husband but because i need to hear about the 12 steps from someone who has worked them in addiction, i need to let go of bitterness and resentment to open myself to a better existence, and the best way to do that is listen, learn, hear and change to let go of the past and be healthier in the future. i do believe all of my life can be improved by the 12 steps, it's just been a personal battle in me to change! i do understand that noone will even consider recovery till they have exhausted all the other options. ican so feel ur faith and joy in the life u've discovered and it is truly a rainbow of hope like ur signature on ur posts. thanks again to u for taking the time to post.
hugs from sugar,