Old 08-26-2013, 05:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
addictedmd

Suboxone Withdrawal

I am going for the 2nd time try to get off the Sub. I have tried before and was not successful. I agree with most that if possible CT is the best but I did not have any time off and I had to go to work the day after I started the Sub with a full work schedule; I was so happy to learn I still had a job even though they knew my addiction that I wanted to give 150% every day. Looking back I should have gone into rehab for 4-8 weeks at a place where they treat healthcare professionals and dealt with my **** and just do CT from the Vicodin b/c I had done that before and it sucked but bearable. But had I done that I don't know if I would still have a job and then if I lost my job I wouldn't have been able to afford the rehab so it was the old Catch-22. My mood is better now as I am on an anti-depressant (which I fought for the past 8 months but finally agreed and it has really made a difference. It's a fairly new medicine called Viibryd and it seemed to work w/i a week or so versus waiting the 4-6 weeks like most of the others and I haven't had any ASE that I am aware of. So I have scheduled a few weeks off and I'm going to try to taper down quickly hoping the anti-depressant will be enough for my mood and hope I don't become suicidal this time. I do have some benefits that others probably don't (which I don't know if there is medical help to w/d from Sub meaning rx to help with the side effects of w/d) (all of this legal). I don't know if anyone has tried asking their psych if they would give them meds to help with the side effects or not but I think the empathetic ones would (non-addicting meds of course). So kudos to the ones that have been able to stop and kudos to the ones that have even tried. I agree with everyone that you almost either need to take 2 weeks off or quit your job and not everyone has that option (in fact most people if they have a good job esp. in this economy want to keep it) so for the ones that kept working and got off I admire you; you have lots of control and will power and if during my time I need some support I will ask for it right here b/c I know I will get it. Thanks for 1) Listening 2) All of the sharing as it really helps and also encourages. If anyone else has any suggestions to help with tapering off Sub I would be more than happy to hear it. I will try to keep everyone up to date as I struggle through.