View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 10:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Patsyd1

Hi ((((((((Sugar)))))))))))))

One of things that I know today, thank God for AA.... is that when the pain of no change, becomes greater then the pain of change.... I will change. And not one second earlier.

I know that I had alot of people who were on my back, telling me to my face that I had a drinking problem, yelling at me to do something about my drinking. I had many many people "TELLING" me that I was a drunk. It wasn't until I heard someone sharing about their own alcoholism at an AA meeting that I could hear, that I could listen. These wonderful people in the halls of AA were not on my case about my drinking or about what my drinking was doing in my own life and the lives of others. These wonderful AA people shared with me about themselves, their own alcoholism, their own experience, strength and hope.

Sugar.... you continue with your own recovery, you are doing wonderful Allow your husband to take responsibility for his own disease, his own thinking, his own actions, his own behavior.

It wasn't until everyone got off my back about my drinking... THEN I had no one to blame, and no one to use as an excuse for my drinking. It was then that I had only myself to look at .... that was when the pain of no change, became greater than the pain of change.... and I changed.

Sugar... you just keep taking care of yourself and your own recovery.....and allow him to take care of his drinking, and/or recovery.

I remember wanting everyone and everything to take responsibility for me, my drinking, my consequences as a result of my drinking. I wanted them to feel guilty.

It wasn't until they all got out of the way and allowed me to own what was mine....the guilt, remorse and shame that I was feeling, and trying to get them to own.... just didn't work anymore. I had to take a good look at "PATSY".... and I didn't like it.... but it was then that I hit bottom and did something about it.

God Bless you ((((((Sugar)))))))))
You didn't cause it, you can't cure it, and you sure can't control it.

Love to you Sugar, and just keep taking care of you and your own recovery
Patsy