Old 08-26-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Wisconsin

My A and I are technically still together, but he is working hundreds of miles away and we only see him for maybe 1 weekend a month, max. The physical distance has also done wonders for my frame of mind.

I am glad that my daughters now feel that they can freely hang out in the living room without "bothering" their stepdad, or feeling awkward hanging out with someone who clearly has no interest in them at all.

I am glad that I no longer cringe every time he walks by my dog, waiting for him to yell at her, or call her a name, or insult her.

I am glad that I can cook and eat chicken as often as I want. He is allergic to it, so when he is here I NEVER make it because I don't want to "inconvenience" him or have to make a second meal.

I am glad that I can actually sleep in the bed, instead of moving to the floor more often than not to either escape the intense beer smell, or to just get away from my sadness at laying next to someone I used to have such a great relationship with but who has turned into an abusive, nasty, toxic human being.

It is definitely a great feeling, and it all contributes to a greater feeling of regaining control over my own life and happiness.