Old 08-26-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wavy

The little pleasures of being free from an A thread

So I mentioned in my thread about leaving XABF that there were a few small pleasures I could now enjoy that mean so much now, but were a nightmare when we were together and a few other people chipped in. I thought it might be fun to have somewhere for people to put down all those little pleasures that leaving brings, to remind us how much better our lives are and to give hope to people still struggling. Obviously there are the big things, like not being scared of what I'm coming home to, but somehow the little things give me the comfort to get from moment to moment when things are hard

So I'll start!

I mentioned getting to take the screen lock off my phone and getting to wear my white jeans that XABF hates but I love.

Other things include getting to cook chilli for dinner (YUM!) and not have to hear how awful and disgusting it was since he hated chilli.

Putting up loads of photos of my family so I can remind myself of the people I love and that love me, without having to hear insults about them.

Watching the entire BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice in my pyjamas on a sunday, just because I can now!

So what are the little pleasures you are grateful for now that you are free of your A?