View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
GardenMama

Originally Posted by lizwig View Post
Real, I'm sorry for what has brought you here. It is so discouraging to watch someone destroy all that is good in their life. I know how incredibly difficult this must be for you but please keep in mind your kids are watching you. Your despair tells them they have reason for concern. Just as you are powerless over his addiction....they are powerless over your emotions. Fake it till you make it. Plan fun things for the three of you. Show them through your actions that you are all going to be okay. Once they are in bed.... go somewhere quiet and breakdown if you need to. I'm glad you've found this site. It has helped me more than I can say.
I just have to second this great advice from Lizwig. Your children are young, yes, but they are taking ALL of it into their psyches and their memory bank. Love them, hug them, comfort them. And I really hope you move today without his help. It is so easy to get triggered and sucked back into it all. Take good care of yourself, too. Hot baths, chocolate, you know...