View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
hayley86

Welcome Ashocktostop. Congrats on 3 days sober. Its great that you are acknowledging your alcoholism and that you are reaching out for help. When i was drinking heavily a blood test showed that i had raised lft levels. I was treated and told by the doctor that if i stopped drinking everything would return to normal with no damage. I took their advice and have not touched a drop since and i am completely fit and healthy and levels all normal (they were normal after 3 months sober). I am over ten months sober now.

I would go to your doctor and be completely honest about how much you have been drinking and ask them to do a lft test. Three weeks is a long time to have to wait when you are so worried. You may be able to get some info sooner and some relief if you tell them your symptoms and concerns.

Something else i wanted to add..... I had a lft two years prior to this and they came back normal. I took that as a green light to carry on drinking. Two years later it was a different story. Don't wait around on getting sober and working your recovery like i did this is a progressive illness. Try and not worry. The body is brilliant at healing itself and recovering given a chance. I am proof. Wishing you the very best.