View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
ReadyAtLast

Eleni,people are only speaking from a place of concern, understanding and having been there themselves.You are very early on in sobriety and so far you feel great -that is good news. No one is saying it isn't.But after heavy drinking for 13 years it is likely (?) that you will have urges at some stage whether that is because of something external, a life event or internal, for no reason it just happens. If you have no support and no experience of dealing with the cravings because you've never experienced it then in my experience, and what happened to me is that I did drink.

I'm not saying continue with AA or ever do the steps, though of course that is an option in time if YOU want it. I think what I'm trying to say is keep your options open - I'm not trying to scare you but you seem so confident, sound as if you believe you've beat this and that's the end. Of course being positive is great,essential even, but don't underestimate the power of the AV-I think it's important to have a plan in place. Quitting drinking isn't the end. It's just the beginning and sobriety is a journey full of ups and downs