View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 08:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoberCouch

Anti-Depressants in Sobriety

All,
It's been awhile since I've posted here. I'm still sober, 1.2.2011. Life has been wonderful sober; I'm still in the beginning of my journey of acting like an adult and trying my best to do the next right thing.

Before I begin, I want to apologize if this has been discussed in the past. However, I need some of your opinions and past experiences, regarding anti-depressants and recovery.

For about six months, I've experienced some anxiety problems. I've needlessly worried about made up health issues, and my relationships. I'm currently in a four year relationship, long distance, and it's been wonderful. My partner is an amazing woman and I love her to bits. However, the distance lately has led to some personal anxiety and I don't want my recent anxiety issues to affect her well being.

So, I finally had a discussion with my doctor last Friday, since I haven't been able to sleep well for the last few weeks. I've been on 20mg f Citalopram to help me sleep at night as well as deal with some of the anxiety issues. And man alive, I have slept alot. I just slept 10 hours last night, along with a nap yesterday. I've read this will soon pass after a couple of weeks. I'm hoping so. I try to lead a pretty active lifestyle. I run alot.

Okay, so have any of you had to use these types of medications while in sobriety? I know my sponsor has and another friend of mine in the rooms as well.

Thanks ahead of time.