View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
FourTwentyOne

Thanks

I have my good days, and bad ones. Lately AH has gotten into a cycle of not buying pot, because we are out of money, and then when payday comes, buying some and smoking it all in a day or two, and then not having any until payday again. During that time he is miserable and grumpy and easily annoyed. He does a lot of yelling, even in public places.

Just before payday arrives, he's started to calm down, he's sleeping instead of passing out, he can get himself up for work without me taking the covers off and harassing him for 20 minutes.

Recently I was straight with him and said I wanted to look into treatment options and he said that would be okay with him. I looked into treatment, got myself an appointment for support for family members, and gave him the number to call for screening to get some help. I can't make him go. That's pretty hard to accept.

I find myself drained, with too much to do with 3 kids and a full time job, housekeeping and trying to keep a grip on the finances. I'm lonely, I have mostly a roommate rather than a husband these days. He goes out most nights and comes in late. I came back here to try and find more people who understand my situation.

I want to know that it IS possible to recover, that AH can move on and come back and be the father and husband I know is still in there. I see him, every now and then, just before payday.