View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 02:24 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Summerpeach

Yes 6 month is long enough. It sounds like he's truly on his way to recovery and going to make an amazing partner. I'm guessing with his recovery, he won't ever drink or cheat again. He sounds like a great guy.

That's the answer you were looking for on here, right?

The replies in here we spot on correct, but there is no way you will be able to absorb the truth from these replies. Sometimes people need to just run head first into a wall before they realize the consequences.

Truthfully, I don't even think the issue here is the nightmare you're about to walk into. The real issue is about your own sobriety from severe codependency. If you subjected yourself to a man for 8 yrs who is an addict and had kids with him and now are looking for the same insanity, you need the help, not this unfortunate soul you just met on line.

We need to talk about your disease, not his.

I won't even ask how you knew who to contact to ask about him, but you've "known" the guy 4 whole weeks and you met him once and you already know which women to contact to get info on him.

No matter what anyone here tells you, I have no doubt you're going into this head-on and not because he's a catch or you have hope he's a great man, but because you're not well. Fear of loneliness, fixing, need to be loved, need a man for your kids...whatever you're addiction is, you will continue this mess until you get yourself help.

Sorry my reply sounds harsh, but the truth is never want we want to hear and it's never pretty.

This guy is a disaster and you're about to have the ride of your life, but could be the rock bottom you need to finally get yourself well. Pain is a great motivator to healing so sounds like you need more of it.

Sad part, your kids have to go along for this ride on the crazy train. A no win situation for them because they have a mom who really needs help.

Such is life......good luck