Thread: night sweats
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
longbeachone

I've gone through something very similar recently, due to having to taper off of a prescription medication called Lyrica (nasty stuff...don't take this without researching it first). Tapering was necessary and long. It's taken months...not because I had cravings for it, but the withdrawal can be difficult and dangerous.

Anyway, I've been living with cold sweats in the day, along with night sweats, for awhile, and have found a few things that helped me:

One benedryl tablet before bed. Also helps you sleep.

Valerian (natural), I found by accident, but it really helped, plus it helps you sleep. I take a full eyedropper. But beware...this stuff tastes gross! If you can find capsules, get them. Tea wasn't strong enough to help.

Sage: Well known cure for excessive sweating. It was hard to find, so I bought the dried herb at the grocery store and made weak tea. If you can find it in oil form, buy this, and rub on wrists through the day. Every website I visited researching this topic mentions sage.

It will end soon. Alcohol has rough withdrawal symptoms, but they only last a few days. You'll make it. Good luck!