Notices

night sweats

Old 08-15-2013, 02:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

night sweats

Im sorry if I sound like Im whining but I'm EXTREMELY uncomfortable right now...the night sweats have hit and I'm dying...when will this pain and misery end?! I'm ready to throw in the towel completely at this point...:'( I CANNOT deal with this discomfort!!!:'(
Old 08-15-2013, 02:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

well, I found they usually lasted about a week - a shower usually helps?

D
Old 08-15-2013, 02:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You already are dealing with it by being in this state at this moment. If you cave in now you will have to start the process all over again. Think of it like pulling off a band-aid, doing it in one fast tug is better than millimeter by millimeter. There is no way to avoid the discomfort right now but you can get through it.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know how you feel. Night sweats are horrible. Hang in there. I got a fan and keep dry bed clothes and sheets at the side of my bed.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've gone through something very similar recently, due to having to taper off of a prescription medication called Lyrica (nasty stuff...don't take this without researching it first). Tapering was necessary and long. It's taken months...not because I had cravings for it, but the withdrawal can be difficult and dangerous.

Anyway, I've been living with cold sweats in the day, along with night sweats, for awhile, and have found a few things that helped me:

One benedryl tablet before bed. Also helps you sleep.

Valerian (natural), I found by accident, but it really helped, plus it helps you sleep. I take a full eyedropper. But beware...this stuff tastes gross! If you can find capsules, get them. Tea wasn't strong enough to help.

Sage: Well known cure for excessive sweating. It was hard to find, so I bought the dried herb at the grocery store and made weak tea. If you can find it in oil form, buy this, and rub on wrists through the day. Every website I visited researching this topic mentions sage.

It will end soon. Alcohol has rough withdrawal symptoms, but they only last a few days. You'll make it. Good luck!
Old 08-15-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thanks for all of the great advice...I set the central air at about 60 last night with the fan blowing on me full force...that did help some....day 3 and the headaches begin. I did call my PCM and she was compassionate enough to call in some more Fiorinal for me as my migraines are starting to KILL ME at a slow and painful death. Now, I read that the butalbal CAN be habit forming? But, at this point, I just want to put the HA under...I am getting desperate at this point, though the Fiorinal is working to keep the HA's at bay...hoping and praying at this point that something kicks soon...

PS: The Firional not only helps with the HA pain but the physical pain as well?
Aloha,
S~
Old 08-15-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I know the feeling. Try going thru menopause every day for a year. Now that is night sweats! Seriously, a bag of frozen peas helps.
Old 08-15-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh sweeyheart, I did 15 months ago with my hysterectomy...ripping my skin out then!!! and calling the doctor at 200 am to call in some hormones at a 200 am to a 24 hour pharmacy for me!!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I use to have day and night sweats when I drank, it was horrible... Everything went away once I stopped drinking.. So I am in the opposite...