Thread: Nothing new
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 01:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
goodstitch

Follow up:
My qualifier started getting sober a few days before I went on a six week trip. I had lots of time to think about my relationship with him. I returned to find him as many weeks sober! He looked great and it felt good to be around him. But I still had trust issues. I was also feeling like something was missing and I wondered if he was going to need his space to
focus on his recovery. Tonight we decided that it would be best to be apart. I'm very sad but also very relieved to know he would be working on his recovery without me. It's something I knew I didn't want to go through with him. After all this time of him saying he needed me he is choosing to take care of himself. I'm very proud of him. I'm also proud of myself for initiating the conversation and asking the questions that led to the decision. Of course we brought up old resentments and there was some arguing but it all led to a very healthy parting. I'm going to miss him tremendously but I'm excited about putting my life back together, getting back to MY meetings, and focusing on my dreams.
Thanks for listening!!
Gs